Honda Marine 75DK4LRTC
Four cylinder, 20″ long shaft, BLASTTM, NMEA 2000 compliance, electric start, remote steering, EFI, power tilt & trimPower, performance and efficiency. The BF75 has everything you need in a mid-range outboard. Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST), Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) and High Performance Gearcase make it a true powerhouse, and thanks to Lean Burn Control, it can run on a leaner mix of air and fuel, making it especially efficient. (The BF75 does not come with a propeller. Please consult with your Honda Dealer for propeller application assistance)
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at only 162 kg (357 lb), the BF75 (LRTC model) is one of the lightest motors in its class. It’s perfect for inflatables, skifs, and fishing boats.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Lean Burn Control: Lean Burn Control increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel than others in its class. (Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- BLAST System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- High Performance Gearcase: Designed to get you going faster, this gearcase reduces drag, greatly reduces hull porpoise and minimizes spray, thus increasing acceleration and top speed.
- A longer anti-ventilation plate helps trap water flowing to the propeller to minimize proposing, while a streamlined front and longer bullet reduce drag for enhanced acceleration and fuel efficiency. A front splash plate reduces spray from the hull bottom, maintaining a dry deck above, and a 2.33:1 : ear ratio affords the use of 13- to 14-inch diameter propellers for heavier loads.
- Torsion Dampener: Sometimes called a flywheel, it is located near the base of the powerhead. This design lowers the center of gravity for improved handling.
- SOHC 4-Valve/Cyl. Design: The BF75’s powerful 1.5 L, 4-cylinder design utilizes a single overhead cam, and two intake valves to deliver maximum torque and power.
- Legendary Honda Reliability: The technology we applied to our 75 HP outboard engine is the very same that powers one of the most popular cars in the world, the Honda Fit.
- 3-Way Cooling System: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder heads ruing cooler for long-term durability.
- Engine Alert System: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving, preventing engine damage.
- Corrosion Protection System: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof coectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Top-Mounted Electronics: The alternators, ignition and other critical electrical components are mounted near the top of the powerhead to stay cool and dry. The result? Dependable performance.
- Sealed Starter: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Fresh Water FlusHPort: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a three-year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a one-year commercial warranty.
- Superior battery charging: There’s always plenty of electric power with Honda’s exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel. The alternator develops 44 amps in total and 35 amps of charging amps, it’s twice the output of some competitors. It provides high output and keeps battery banks charged all day, even when ruing multiple accessories.
- Centre Mount Tiller (with optional Tiller kit): The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience. The 3-Position Tiller Handle adjusts to your comfort for easiest hull manoeuvrability.
- 3-Position Tiller Handle: The 3-Position Tiller Handle adjusts to your comfort for easiest hull
- Easy Maintenance: An easy “screw-type” valve adjuster system requires no shims, which reduces maintenance costs. Front-mounted oil filter and oil filler make for easy maintenance.
- Built-in Pitot Tube(optional built-in Pitot Tube kit required): Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 4 Cylinder / 16 Valves
- Displacement: 91.4 cubic in. / 1,496 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 2.87 x 3.52 in. (73 mm x 89.4 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 75 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 3.90 Imp. qt (4.40 L) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4° to +16°
- Tilt Range: 68°
- Steering Angle: 30°
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 44 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 35 amp
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Water in Fuel Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 17.7 in. / 449 mm
- Transom Height: 20 in. / 508 mm
- Propeller Type: Optional
- LRTC-Type: 357 lbs. / 162 kg
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further. For more details, please view the Warranty section.