Honda Marine BF150AK2XC X-Type, 25 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF150AK2XC X-Type, 25 in. Shaft. Four Cylinder, VTEC, 25″ Extra Long shaft, Blast, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Remote Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim.
Honda Marine BF150AK2XC X-Type, 25 in. Shaft
Four Cylinder, VTEC, 25″ Extra Long shaft, Blast™, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Remote Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim.
With technology from the Accord and CR-V, the BF150AK2XC X-Type, with a 25 in. shaft, brings big performance and reliability. The legendary Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) provides smooth acceleration and power, Dual Stage Induction gives you loads of torque and superb fuel economy, and the Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection PGM-FI gives you solid starts and throttle. (The BF150AK2XC X-Type does not come with a propeller.)
Performance and Efficiency
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- VTEC®: Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC® gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC® is the modern replacement for displacement.
- Dual Stage Induction: Honda’s unique variable intake system optimizes air flow to match the engine’s speed. The result? Maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
- Lean Burn Control®: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 20% less fuel than others in its class.
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Dual Overhead CAM (DOHC): A powerful, compact 24-valve DOHC design creates more valve lift to pull in more air for increased horsepower. Low-maintenance design allows easy adjustment of the rocker arms. No multiple shims or trial-and-error adjusting needed.
- Engine Command: The ECM receives constant input from 18 different sensors to deliver instant starts, smooth operation, strong performance and excellent fuel efficiency.
- LAF & Knock Sensors: Linear Air Fuel (LAF) and knock sensors help determine correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
- Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI®): Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Non-Linear Mounting System: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Counter Rotation: Counter rotating models are available for multiple engine applications. These models improve efficiency, hull manoeuvrability and decreases driver fatigue.
Reliability and Durability
- Based on Honda Accord and CR-V: By sharing many components with the Honda Accord and CR-V automobiles, the BF150 gains years of proven Honda engineering and reliability.
- Three-Way Cooling System: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder heads running cooler for long-term durability.
- Engine Alert System: The ECM monitors vital engine functions and prevents engine damage by alerting the operator of: Overheating; Water in Fuel; Low Oil Pressure; Battery; Over-Rev; Critical Engine Function
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Single Latch Cowl: A single front-mounted latch combines with 4 securing points to ensure a water-tight seal.
- Sealed Starter: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: A patented, “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- Stainless Steel (Steering Arm, Tilt Tube and All Shafts): Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Excellent Warranty: The BF150 Honda outboards carry a full, three-year, non-declining, manufacturer’s warranty (parts and labour).
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Superior Battery Charging: Honda’s proven “on demand” 51 amps belt-driven alternator reduces heat buildup and provides superior battery charging capability – 30 amps at 1,000 rpm and 40+ amps above 2,000 rpm.
- Built-In Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Type: 4-Stroke DOHC, VTEC; 4 Cylinder / 16 Valves
- Displacement: 144 cubic in. (2, 354 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 3.43 x 3.89 in. (87 x 99 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 150 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: Honda 10W30 FC-W™ outboard motor oil
- Oil Capacity: 5.90 Imp. qt (6.70 L) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 72 deg.
- Steering Angle: 30 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.14:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 51 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 30 amp @1,000 RPM; 40 amp @2,000+ RPM
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Water in Fuel Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Tilt limit Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 22.8 in. (580 mm)
- Transom Height: 25 in. (635 mm)
- XC-Type: 492 lbs (223 kg), With propeller mounted
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.
by Brice Martinez (verified owner)
Excellent service!! Product ordered online, from overseas and arrived on the day that was quoted.